the hungarian castle fades away

Over by Brunswick Avenue came the surprise sight of a springtime stroll through the city:
Bye Bye Black Hole of Bloor (1)

Constuction boards have gone up at the old Hungarian Castle site. It looks like the "black hole of Bloor St" will soon pass into history, if this remains the plan. Until I looked at the old picture, I was also convinced a fresh coat of paint had been added, as I had pictured the top of the building as grimy black. My brain scrambled the top with the black, fence-adorned street level portion. Guess the heat seeped through my head.
The Crystal Cometh (1)

Also snapped a pic of the current state of the ROM Crystal.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

past pieces of toronto: knob hill farms

past pieces of toronto: the mynah bird

the smiling men of pasadena 2: the eternal smile of "uncle bill" haas