vintage national home monthly ad of the day

Vintage Ad #494: Prem - The Canned Meat with Tender Beef Added!
Instant meat loaves covered in tangy orange marmalade or alien pods waiting to be hatched (with the buttered almond-topped cauliflower hiding the central brain)?

***

Unlike other tinned meats previously featured on this site, I have eaten Prem. Growing up, it was the usual Spam knockoff found in the basement cupboard. I never was a great fan of the stuff, with my canned protein tastes running towards flakes of ham or Cordon Bleu/Paris Pate meat spreads.

Once I hit my teens, Prem vanished from the dinner table.

Source: National Home Monthly, July 1947 - JB

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

past pieces of toronto: the mynah bird

past pieces of toronto: knob hill farms

the smiling men of pasadena 2: the eternal smile of "uncle bill" haas