photo du jour (which wasn't happening at macdonald hall)

Bruno and Boots Lost the War
While walking back from the gym along Mt. Pleasant last week, I noticed a book lying near a snowbank south of Eglinton. It was one of my childhood favourites, The War With Mr. Wizzle, part of Gordon Korman's Bruno and Boots series of private-school hijinks (though I think Beware the Fish was my favourite of the bunch). Even now, I occasionally make references to things like Upside-Down Scrim-Cake and can dredge up lines from the back pages of my brain.

Alas, I didn't rescue it - don't need to bring every piece of my past home, tempting as that might be. Hopefully it wasn't swept away by a garbage crew.

Picture taken Feb 21/07 - JB

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

past pieces of toronto: the mynah bird

past pieces of toronto: knob hill farms

the smiling men of pasadena 2: the eternal smile of "uncle bill" haas