restaurant uniform chic

Vintage Ad #766: The Best Ideas in Fashion Uniforms
Ah, the ads one stumbles upon while conducting research, such as this example of the fine outfits restaurants could order for their employees as the 70s gave way to the 80s. One might be convinced that Ms. Skinner really, really liked the colour scheme then employed by the San Diego Padres (I shouldn't laugh, given the brown and mustard yellow track suit top I have a fondness for).

My memory may be playing tricks on me, but I think that the waitress outfit shown in the bottom left picture was the uniform of choice at Sir Cedric's Fish & Chips in Windsor not long after this ad was published. I haven't been there in years, but Amy informs me the fish is as good as it ever was at the downtown location—flaky portions of cod and halibut in a batter that was crunchy but not particularly greasy.

Source: Foodservice and Hospitality, September 1980

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

past pieces of toronto: the mynah bird

past pieces of toronto: knob hill farms

the smiling men of pasadena 2: the eternal smile of "uncle bill" haas