in the meantime...

A quick break from the trip chronicle...

One positive side-effect of the blackout's aftermath - it's been much easier to adjust back to work. Monday and Tuesday were half-days, while the rest of the week has been on reduced lighting and air conditioning, allowing me to wear shorts to work.

Went to the CNE Tuesday afternoon with Mom and Amy. It was opening day, but not too busy. The ride operators were generous with ride time, especially on the Tilt-A-Whirl. Picked up the last thing I needed, compact discs, which were going for $5. One that I suspect will get a few spins at future dinner parties, if I don't hide it, is one of the discs played often in second year at Arts House...


I see it now...group singalongs of Slow Cars, Fast Cars. Rock on Chicago...

Made one fatal error - don't go on spider/octopus like rides immediately after digesting large quantities of Caribbean food, Honeydew and water. Now I know how a egg feels when it's scrambled. Stumbled off the ride in a stupor towards the nearest bathroom. Compounded that by going on another ride after. Suspect the sun fried what was left of my brain.

Naturally I'll be back next week.

POSTSCRIPT
Aug 24th - alas, it appears there will be no more music from Mr. Willis.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

past pieces of toronto: knob hill farms

past pieces of toronto: the mynah bird

the smiling men of pasadena 2: the eternal smile of "uncle bill" haas