in the beginning...

OK, so I wound up here by accident in the midst of my web-surfing adventures...but a web blog sounded like a neat idea, perhaps a way to finally let those pent-up creative impulses go somewhere...or bore people to death. :)

What'll be here? Whatever strikes the old noggin. Rants, raves and the odd inspiration. A chance to finally follow through on things friends have suggested. Blah blah blah.

Welcome to the Warehouse and Curio Emporium. We hope you'll be a repeat customer.

WHERE'D THE NAME COME FROM?
In my teens, my sister and I got hooked on SCTV reruns. One recurring bit was "Tex & Edna Boil's Prairie Warehouse and Curio Emporium" featuring Dave Thomas and Andrea Martin as a bizarre pair of piano salespeople who rambled on about odd things. Something about the name stuck with me...a few years later, I landed a spot DJing on CFRU at the University of Guelph. It took awhile to figure out a name for my show, which I usually described as "playing everything including the kitchen sink", then I watched an old episode of SCTV and this seemed like a great fit (though the "Prairie" mutated into "Musical").


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

past pieces of toronto: the mynah bird

past pieces of toronto: knob hill farms

the smiling men of pasadena 2: the eternal smile of "uncle bill" haas