Thursday, May 22, 2003

printed matter

...or works of mine that escaped the digital world and found a home in print.

The Ontarion (1997-1999)
The University of Guelph's newspaper. Began contributing during the summer before my final year of university, a year where I wound up spending a lot of time on the second floor of the University Centre. Mostly wrote arts-related pieces, plus a weekly archives column. After graduation, I served as Arts and Culture Editor during 1998-1999, a year which could best be described as a black comedy (and likely left me with a massive case of post-traumatic stress disorder). May write a lengthy account of that time someday. After moving to Toronto, I continued to write the paper's crossword puzzle until 2001. Current editions are found on the paper's website.


The Edible City (Coach House, 2009)
Contributed a chapter on bread in Toronto, focusing on battling bakers at the turn of the 20th century and modern artisanal producers. http://books.torontoist.com/2009/11/breaking-and-baking-bread-in-toronto/.







 
Spacing (Fall 2010 issue).
An article on the Golden Mile strip in Scarborough. Magazine website.






The Grid
From November 2012, my Ghost City column pops up in print when you least expect it...






Toronto Star
Also when least expected, some of my work for The Grid has been reprinted in the Toronto Star. Working on making more regular appearances if I can bedazzle them with pitches.

No comments: